Monday 15 June 2009

Alter Ego

Recently, I got a new part time job with a fantastic British Make Up brand called Illamasqua.

The brand is all about exploring your alter ego and self expression. It is amazing. The pigment in it is so heavy the products just last all day - awesome.

I work part time as a make up artist readers, as well as doing my psychic work.

Anyway, we had 3 days training at a swanky hotel. The last day was finished off with ice cold champagne - I love the job already !

On the day the counter was opening at Debenhams Cardiff, we were all dressing as Burlesque dancers.

Dolce pencil high waisted pencil skirt, fabulous belt, black top, incredible fascinator and fish net tights. Could not find my stockings anywhere ! Damn !

The weather was foul the day we opened, the heavens expressed their alter ego and opened with a torrential downpour.

I had a lift into work and was teetering along in new shoes - just for work - no flats please on counter - this brand is glamour, glamour, glamour !

Working all day in heels - pain, pain, pain.

Anyway, I thought it was rather drafty around the legs. I put this down to a drop in temperature due to the rain.

I heard the voice of my lovely colleague Miss C, calling me and running to catch up with me.

Then she shrieked "L-C, Your bum is showing."

The Dolce skirt zip (which goes all the way up the back of skirt) had come undone right to the top , no wonder it was drafty !

I was mortified, showing my buttocks in full gusset fishnet tights - not even stockings ! Everybody knows, we cannot operate and exude all out sexiness on a full gusset.

Start as one means to go on , I say.

I certainly got into my alter ego - running semi naked in the rain through town.

We were after all, Illamasqua Burlesque girls. Two birds with one stone - self expression and a little strip tease.

FABULOUS !!!

MWAH !!

Since that day, Illamasqua has captivated me. I love the work, the colleagues, the products and the brand.

Get yourself into the counter NOW - for the best products there are !

I have to say, I came across a rather naughty customer the other day. She was a woman of a certain age and had come down from West Wales with her rather glam friend to shop for the day .

They were asking me about lip products and were finding some of the lipstick names amusing .....

"filth"
"corrupt"
"encounter"
"tramp"
etc..

and the best is yet to come (pardon the pun when you read on)

"climax"

The glam one was buying a lipgloss in "electrify" and the one lady of a certain age....

"I will have a CLIMAX, in any colour"

YOU GO GIRL!

What a minx !!!

I do love a bit of "filth" from a "corrupt" woman.

How "salacious" !

1 comment:

  1. I want a job! sounds exciting and makeup sounds fabulous, not to mention the names. So madam I picked out this color for you, its a bit of filth mixed with a climax!! fantastic!!!!

    mwahh

    clairey xxx

    ReplyDelete